Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A MUST FOR HISTORICAL WRITERS!

Do you write historical fiction?  Do you need appropriate slang or info about certain time periods? Check out this incredible site! 

 For Writer's Dream Tools Click Here!!!

You select the decade from 1650s to the present, and you will find an incredible list of information of that decade, including slang, events, people, and other useful data to make your stories and novels more believable.

I came across this site while writing my new book The Creek: Where Stories of the Past Come Alive, which spans time from 1777 - 1990.  I found it a must have for my upcoming book, Jane's Journey, about an Irish immigrant coming to America with her toddler son in 1820.  Seeing the events that could possibly affect my characters gave me ideas to expand the stories in new directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment